As a Professional Photographer I primarily use my iPad for showcasing my photos to prospective clients and for live tethering of photos during shoots. But 16GB is definitely not enough for someone who does photography professional. Initially I used to delete old photos to make space for the newer ones. But now with the Sandisk iXpand Flash Drive, I wouldn’t be needing to do that ever again. Thankfully!
Some of the key points mentioned below is taken from their website.
iXpand™ Flash Drive is the easiest way to transfer photos and videos between your iPhone, iPad, PCs and Mac computers. Quickly free up memory on your iPhone or iPad, and instantly expand storage by up to 128GB**.
- Automatically copies photos and videos from the camera roll to the drive when connected
- Play all popular format videos** and music files from the drive
- Durable, flexible connector plugs in easily with most iPhone/iPad case
- Interface: Lightning and USB 2.0 connectors (one connector used at a time)
- Available in: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB**
- Some DRM-protected content cannot be streamed. Check with content provider for playback restrictions.
- Mobile device compatibility: iPhone and iPad with Lightning connector and iOS 7.1 and higher
- PC/ Mac computer compatibility: Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X v10.6+.
- Supported video formats: WMV, AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV
- Li-ion Battery (3.7V): pre-charged, ready to use
- Operational Temperature: 0~60° C
- Dimensions: 64.17mm x 36.78mm x 11.80mm
- Two year limited warranty**
The iXpand actually does two things really well. You can set it to automatically back up all your pictures as soon as you plug it in, and that works great. You can also play back videos in formats that your iOS device wouldn’t normally support, so that could be a worthy use case.
Now all I need to do it carry my Sandisk iXpand Flash Drive along with some more of photographs instead of going through the hassle of deleting the older ones. It’s a must buy for anyone using iPad products with limited internal memory like my iPad Mini 16GB.