Italy may not be the only common point between Ducati and Diesel anymore. The brands, known for their fierce image and striking design philosophy, have collaborated for a limited edition model, Ducati Diavel Diesel. The bike model was officially showcased at Milan Men’s Fashion Week 2017 would be available on special orders only for a total number of 666 bikes. Indian customers, however, will have to wait until August before their pre-bookings get delivered.
Combining elements from the past and the future, the popular Diavel model from Ducati is now launched in an exquisite avatar as Ducati Diavel Diesel. This bike is the outcome of close collaboration between the Ducati Design Center and Andrea Rosso, Diesel Licensing Creative Director.
The Ducati Diavel Diesel is inspired by the energetic dynamism of a post-apocalyptic future. In 2012, Ducati and Diesel had collaborated and created a piece of art – the Ducati Monster Diesel, and now this latest offering remains true to the creativity and aesthetics of Ducati and Diesel.
As an extension of the collaboration, Diesel would be launching a capsule apparel collection that will have Jogg Jeans, leather jackets and T-shirts. The collection will be in sync with the model launched and would reflecting the philosophy shared by both the brands.
Asked on the reason for the brands choosing each other for this exclusive collection, CEO of Reliance Brands, Darshan Mehta replied, “Diesel and Ducati share a common DNA. Of Bravery. In imagination. In detailing. In execution. Embodied in 666 limited editions of Daivel Ducati bikes. And equally in the Diesel Ducati limited edition merchandise that will hit Diesel stores worldwide in the summer of 2017.”
Highlights of Ducati Diavel Diesel:
- Hand-brushed stainless steel superstructure with visible welding and rivets that make it unmistakable and timeless.
- The saddle, made of real leather, is unique to this Diavel, on which the pyramid motif appears: the three Ds of Ducati, Diavel, and Diesel.
- Spectacular exhaust system with pipes graced by black Zircotec ceramic coating and black silencers with ends machined from solid, on which the new pyramid motif appears.
- 240 mm wide rear tyre delivers both high-precision handling and day-to-day comfort.
- Stylized details with a luxurious finish- features like the tank cover, front cowl, and passenger saddle cover.
- Use of red in Brembo front brake calipers, of five chain links and the LCD dashboard (As a homage to vintage digital displays)
- Lateral air intake covers, made of red methacrylate with the Diesel logo on the inside.
- 162 HP Testastretta 11° DS engine combined with the Ducati Safety Pack (ABS and Ducati Traction Control) and Riding Modes offer a safe and intuitive riding experience
Limited numbers of Ducati Diavel Diesel are available on order at INR 19,92,000 (Ex-showroom New Delhi) at Ducati dealerships in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune and Ahmedabad. Luxury and extravagance looks like the theme for this exclusive collection, and from the looks of it, it is going to find a lot of love from Delhi and its bike enthusiasts.